I have always loved the television show MacGyver. It always amazes me how he solves problems. Usually involving a trusty role of duct tape and everyday materials. I still believe that you can plug a leak in a nuclear reactor using a Hershey bar.
I think its that show that gives me a DIY attitude when it comes to my work. I have blogged before about my hacked tilt shift lens and how I managed to get apps on my Blackberry and now have another DIY lens project to share.
I bought a Telesar 135 f/2.8 Nikon mount lens in Brighton last year for 15 pounds and haven’t had time to mount it. By mounting it on an old lens cap cover, I managed to place it onto Canon 5D. Judging by the initial image samples, I am completely impressed with the image quality that the lens displays.
I have cropped a 100% sample at f/2.8 to illustrate how sharp it is.
That is without any initial sharpening so you can see how tack sharp it is.
As for the lens, there isn’t much information online regarding it. The only reference information I could find is on cameralensdatabase.